Calder Pants and Shorts
Description: Elevate your look with the Cashmerette Calder Pants & Shorts, a pants pattern designed for curves! These wide-legged woven trousers feature a flat front, elasticated back waistband, faced in-seam pockets, and three length options: mid-calf, full, and shorts. Getting a great fit is essential when it comes to pants, and we’ve got you covered with two pelvis options: a dartless “apple” fit, and a darted back “pear” fit for amazing bum shaping. The Calder is sure to have you loving wearing pants again!
This Cashmerette pattern includes:
- Two pelvis shape options, for “apple” or “pear” figures (see the instructions for how to choose your shape)
- A sizing calculator which will tell you exactly which size to make
- A beautifully illustrated and detailed instruction booklet, to guide you no matter your sewing level
- A full photo sewalong on Cashmerette's blog with tips and techniques that go beyond the instruction booklet
See what people are making at #calderpants
Skill: Advanced beginner
Size: 12 to 32, in Apple and Pear pelvis fit. Includes 32–52” waist and 42–62” hip. Find your size in seconds using our size calculator.
Light- to mid-weight woven fabrics with drape, such as rayon or polyester twill, tencel, linen, or chambray. For pocket lining, you can use main fabric or a lighter weight woven.
Interfacing: Light- to mid-weight fusible interfacing.
- Universal or microtex needle and thread
- 0.75 yd (0.7 m) of 2” (5 cm) wide elastic.