Description: Make a date with denim in the classic and versatile Cashmerette Ames Jeans: stretch jeans exclusively designed for curves.
When it comes to jeans, perfect fit is a must. Get the look you love by customizing your pattern using our interchangeable “apple” and “pear” pelvis pieces, and skinny and straight leg options.
These 5-pocket wardrobe essentials are the real deal, with features like rivets, belt loops and a fly front. And hold the style together with a high rise, and a pocket stay for secret smooth shaping.
This Cashmerette pattern includes:
- Two pelvis shape options, for “apple” or “pear” figures (see the instructions for how to choose your shape)
- Two leg options: skinny or straight
- A sizing calculator which will tell you exactly which size to make
- A beautifully illustrated and detailed instruction booklet to guide you no matter your sewing level
Want step-by-step help making your jeans? Check out Cashmerette's online workshop Jeans Making for Curves where Jenny Rushmore will take you through the whole process with confidence!
See what people are making at #amesjeans
Size: 12 to 28 with interchangeable pelvis (apple or pear fit) and leg (skinny or straight) pieces, 32-48” waist and 42-58” hip. Find your size in seconds using our size calculator.
Main: 9.5 - 12 oz stretch denim with at least 2% lycra and 10-15% crosswise stretch.
Lining: non-stretch cotton.
Interfacing: knit (stretch) or woven fusible, depending on preference for stretch in waistband.
- Denim / jeans needle
- topstitching needle (optional)
- regular thread
- topstitching thread
- 7" (18 cm) metal jeans zipper
- 1 jeans button
- 8 jeans rivets (optional).
- Point turner
- awl (or nail)
- anvil (or other hard metal surface)