Intro to Garment Sewing
Class description: Welcome to Intro to Garment Sewing, in this class you will learn the basics of garment sewing including how to take your measurements, how to read a pattern, fabric selection and cutting.
This course will be working with the Remy Raglan Top by Sew House 7 Patterns. This is an easy to sew woven t-shirt with a relaxed fit. Techniques involved include sewing french seams, using bias binding, sewing curves and hemming.
Instructor: Robin Blodgett
Length: 3 classes - 2 hours/ 3 hours / 3hours
Cost: $100 Fabric and pattern sold separately. Cancellations must be done 72 hours in advance.
Prerequisite: Intro to Sewing
Age: 14 and up
Class size: 4 students
What you will need to bring:
- Your own sewing machine in working order and the manual (be sure to include the foot pedal, presser foot attachments, an empty bobbin and power cords)
- Sewing pattern uncut - Purchase paper pattern at Stash or PDF at Sew House 7.
- Bring tracing paper if required: Pellon Easy Pattern or equal
- If using a PDF pattern assemble uncut pattern prior to class, here is a tutorial for printing and assembling a PDF.
- Fabric - pre-washed (this can be purchased at the first class)
- All-Sew polyester thread
- Sewing machine needles - universal
All sewing supplies for this class will receive a 15% discount at Stash.
This class will be taught in person at The Soda Plant, 266 Pine Street - Studio 221. Enter to the left of Tomgirl.