Garment Sewing for Beginners: PJ Bottoms
Description: This class is a great introduction to garment sewing for all genders. This class is for people that know how to sew and want to start garment making! You'll learn how to read pattern instructions, cut fabric and basic garment construction.
This class will use the free Haymitch, Effie, and Kids’ Pajama Pants Pattern Bundle by 4 out of 5 Patterns.
This is a relaxed fit pajama pant with an elastic waist. Multiple pant length options are available.
Instructor: Robin Blodgett
Length: 2 classes - 2.75 hours, 5:45pm to 8:30pm
October 17th and 24th
Cost: $100 - Cancellations must be done 1 week in advance.
Prerequisite: Skills: How to Operate a Sewing Machine, Skills: How to Read a Pattern Envelope and Take Measurements, Skills: Seams and Seam Finishes or equivalent skills.
Age: 14 and up
Class size: 4 students. Minimum capacity of 3 students is required, if this is not met refunds will be provided.
What you will need to bring:
- Your own sewing machine in working order and the manual (be sure to include the foot pedal, presser foot attachments and power cords)
- Fabric washed, dried and ironed (check pattern for length)
- 1 1/2" elastic (check pattern for length)
- PDF pattern assembled but not cut out (instructions for assembling the PDF are included in the pattern instruction)
- All-Sew polyester thread
- Sewing machine needles - universal.
This project works in a range of fabrics, we recommend Linen, Flannel or Cotton Lawn.
We no longer allow outside fabric in our classes. We arrived at this decision because we want our students to have the greatest chance for success. When you buy fabric from us we will work with you to match the right fabric to your skill level and your project goals. Thank you for your understanding.
This Class will be held in person at The Soda Plant, 266 Pine Street - Studio 221. Enter to the left of Tomgirl.